The world is shaped by stories. A newspaper or magazine article, a website, a haunting profile, or a well-timed social media post gone viral can change people’s attitudes, opinions, and actions. Stories make people more educated, more passionate, more aware of the world around them.
I am a writer, editor, communications professional, and social media strategist.
I am proficient in a wide range of media and have experience working for outlets including magazines, news sites, zoos, aquariums, federal agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
I specialize in:
- Engaging, creative content for blogs, websites, and social media
- Informative, relevant articles including news stories, features, and profiles
- Visually compelling photographs, slideshows, and custom images for websites and social media
- Practical, meaningful outreach plans for nonprofits, zoos, museums, labs, research groups, and small businesses
- Translating and interpreting scientific information and narratives in a accessible, inviting way
- Social media strategies for nonprofits and scientific organizations, including quantifying and tracking influence and success
- Inviting, enticing travelogues and profiles of places and destinations
- Storytelling through objects and interpretation for zoo, aquarium, and museum exhibits
- Effective and strategic targeted communications including email newsletters, annual reports, and brochures
Email me at Brittany@SpeciesRichness.com.
What is species richness?
Spe·cies rich·ness (noun)
- A technical term from the field of ecology. The number of different species present in an ecological community, landscape, or region.
- More philosophically, a lovely and poetic phrase that conveys the value and wonder inherent in the range of species on the planet and in all the amazing detail of the living world.
- A communications company (see above).